when do you introduce ceral to your baby?

My sons father is not wanting to give my 3 1/2 month old son ceral because he read somewhere that it can lead to him being over weight in the future

caidensmama08

Asked by caidensmama08 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I started at 4 months
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• 4 months ask your dr
    Anonymous

• I started around 4.5 months.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• 2 weeks, with doctors permission.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I started with my daughter around a month old because they were giving me trouble about her weight and she is still in the 4th percentile for her weight, so I seriously doubt cereal is going to chunk up your baby too bad.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• All of my pediatricians with my 2 youngest kids have recommended 6 months especially in families with history of any allergies. Great info I found on a website:

Marilyn K. Tanner-Blasiar, MHS, RD, LD at St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University says some infants may be ready to eat solids (rice cereal) as early as four months, while others may need to wait until they are six months old. ”You want to look for their ability to sit up with help or support, as well as their ability to push up on their arms with straight elbows when placed on their tummy,” said Blasiar.

http://pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/baby/Preventing-food-allergies-in-babies-and-children-6347.htm
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• With mine it was recommended at 4-6 months. We started at around 5- 51/2 months with our girls. Our son got it in his bottle from like 2 weeks on for reflux (doctor's orders) and then by spoon starting at 5 months. Actually I think my middle daughter skipped cereal and went right to fruits. She hated the cereal.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Oh, and I have to say NONE of my kids are overweight. The 3 younger ones are all average and my oldest is below average. She'll be 9 in June and only weighs 40lbs. My son is 7 and weighs 56lbs. My middle daughter is 6 and weighs 43lbs and my youngest is almost 3 and weighs like 28lbs. They have never been overweight (even though I'm 260lbs).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2009