I wanted to start home schooling my kids-

And I just wanted to know if theres anybody here who can give me a sample lesson plan or a sample of the schedule you use or used for your kids- just so I can get an idea of where to start- my sons are 5 and 3 1/2 (my 19 month old is a bit young to start just yet lol) but I wanted to start with a pre k plan for them and work in a little kinergarten prep- any ideas?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• schoolexpress.com has some free lesson plans. i dont know if they can be used for actual homeschooling but there are all types of worksheets and such. i dont really know anything about homeschooling, but these should help with activities even if you decide to just supplement school. good luck. i wish i knew more. i would think though, that homeschooling standards would vary from state to state since most education standards do....so you may want to look more local, too.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I'm doing kindergarten with my son right now.

Our schedule is:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday- Language Arts, Math, Bible, Reading

Tuesday and Thursday- Social Studies, Science, Journal, review

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Check out www.k12.com. I used it with my daughter when she was in Kindergarten. She is in public school now because of scheduling issues, but I really liked it. My best friend started using it about 3 years ago. She now has a 1st grader and 7th grader using it.
    ba616

Answer by ba616 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009