Do you believe in second chances?

Can you honestly say you have given God a second chance?(Please no negative comments or jokes.)

Alize26

Asked by Alize26 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God has absolutely given me a 2nd chance,and if I'm honest probably a thousand chances, or more. Before I became a Christian, although I always believed in Him, I didn't follow Him as I should, or live for Him, or much of anything else. After I hit rock bottom,and cried out to Him of course He was there, waiting, all along, with arms wide open to comfort and help me. In the 6 years I've been saved, I've not been by any means the Christian I'd like to be,but we worship a merciful, loving, forgiving God,who is in the business of second chances. He loves us unconditionally,and as long as we are sincere when we mess up,and come to Him, asking forgiveness,ready to repent, He is faithful to forgive us,and remove our sins as far as the east is from the west,and not remember them anymore. The only reason we remember them is the enemy keeps reminding us. God tells us He has already forgotten them. We need to,also.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yes, I can. I stepped away from God when my life started to go downhill. Then, my life hit rock bottom (abusive relationship). I, finally, turned back to God and asked for strength and told Him that I was putting ALL my problems at His Cross. It worked. I was able to get out of that relationship, finish college, meet my Dh...Everyday I thank Him.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If I had stopped believing in God due to bad circumstances then I could see giving a "second Chance" as I would be more "angry" at God rather than simply Not believing in him. Seeing as that wasn't the case, there is nothing (or no one) to give a second chance to. (You can't be angry at something you don't believe in)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• How can I give a non-existent entity a second chance?  There was never a first chance to begin with and there never will be.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It depends on the situation whether I think someone deserves a second chance.

I never gave up on God I just see him(and her) differently then you, as christians, do. So no second chance needed...still on the first LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It doesn't work that way.....God has given ME the second chance...and the third and the fourth. We can give up many times, but he never gives up on us. Thats the cool thing...I can mess up any number of times and God still loves me. I can't imagine not having God to believe in and to have that hope. That would be scary.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I didn't stop believing in the Christian verson of God out of bad circumstances. I just never felt the Bible or the ways of Christianity to bring me peace to my heart. I believe Kristi mad a good point. If I had something bad to happen I would be angry at God. The source I turn to is still the way I see God and Goddess. I do not grovel at their feet, I ask them to walk with me to aid me in my work. I speak with Mother Earth on a daily basis. So second chances for what? The way I see my Lord and Lady?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Good answers keep em' coming! Also I wanted to say welcome back Beeky.I hope you have had a good day at work today.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Thank you.  I'm home alone for 4 days while my husband and children are visiting with my mother.  I couldn't get time off:(  

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• U r welcome. Gotta make the money!
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009