Do you call DH "dad"(or some variation)?

I know I heard some women talking in the teacher's lounge about how they hate it when their friends and their husbands (and they were in their 50's) refered to eachother as "mother" or "father". I never really thought about it, but I call my husband "daddy" all the time (just in general I do NOT mean in a sexual way). Even when I'm not directly talking to our children, even though that's where it started. I guess he answers better to it ...lol. I guess it never bothered me since I never called my own father "daddy" it was always papi. Does anyone call their husband "daddy" or something like it?

*Oh, I guess I should add that he does not call me mommy or anything like that unless he is refering to me to one of the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• It's a matter of perspective and could be considered a sign of respect. After all, you ARE the mother of his children, and he IS the father of YOUR children. I don't see anything wrong with it!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I call my husband "dear" or by his last name...I get that from being a jock's mom where everyone is called by their last name, lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I do, but only when talking to the kids. DH does not call me mommy except when talking to the kdis either. i don't see anything wrong with it though. To each their own!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Only when referring to him to one of the kids "go ask your dad". I call him by his name or a nickname, he is not my dad.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I call him dad.. and he calls me momma. I love it :)
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• When our kids are around we refer to each other as "mommy" and "daddy". We started this because my 3 year old started calling him by his first name...lol. Now she only does it every once in a while and its usually "daddy josh'.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I call him Papa Bear but generally it is honey, babe, or his last name if there are a room full of his soldiers..
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I still call my x "dad" to my children. It's merely an identification label. We started it when the kids began talking and we didn't want them calling us by our real name.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Nope we call each other by name or pet name (honey, dear, sweetheart) except when we are talking to the kids then it's wither mommy or daddy. But to each his own, whatever works well for you!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 9:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I call mine honey and now so does my 2 1/2 year old 90% of the time I think its cute so does my Husband so we go with it
    shames85

Answer by shames85 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2009