i thought it would be too early for this?

My first pregnancy I never had sciatic nerve(sp?) pain at all but I am only 10 weeks and the past 2 1/2 weeks I have had horrible back pain all the way around my left leg joint and shooting all the way down to my knee ...the pain in my back and in my leg joint is like a dull achyness and the pain going down my leg is more like a pinching and burning feeling? could it be sciatic nerve pain? I thought the baby would be too small to cause this kind of pain? anyone have any tips on how to make it feel better? seems like it is worse at night after I have been on my feet all day and when I lay down? thanks mommas!

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is probably not the baby at all,I'd say you just have done something to your siatic nerve.I hope you soon feel better,I know how it feels. Good Luck on your pregnancy.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• perhaps some ice packs as Doc first. I know how it feels try some little bit of menthol rub to numb it? Nothing in the first 12 weeks for pain though!!! So Sorry try a foot rub!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have the same problem, and I had it before my pregnancy, but it's getting worst by the time that I have. I'm 3 months preggo. I try to lay on the floor and put my legs up, and rub some baby oil on my legs. I have a terrible back pain, but it's because the pelvis is getting ready for the baby, so hold in there, it will go away for sometime, but I hate to tell you that at your 7th or 8th month the back pain will come back again!! I'm on my second pregnancy.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 9:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009