Does anyone else think that words like 'love' and 'need' are used way too much?

Such as in "I love my car", or "I really need a new pair of shoes". I have really been trying to cut back on saying things like this. It really started to bother me when I heard my kids saying things like 'mom, I need a new jacket', when they have so many.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think they are I think you can never tell your kids or your family you love them too much but, I also think we use the word to loosely in everyday life!
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 8:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I told my mechanic I loved him when he said he could put in a new (used) transmission and a bunch of other things for under $1000 lol

So yes. I did use it too loosely. And I use both terms too loosely regularly. I like your thinking though . . . I want to start watching myself on that . . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Hmm... never really thought about it, but you're right. I'm going to try to not use them so much as well.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• For things you can say it too much, for people...even like the mechanic, you can't. I mean you could conceivable creep him out and make him think you are a crazy stalker-lady so don't pour it on TOO think...LOL I do think it's ok to tell people you love them though. Even if it's a very mild love you're feelin' I say go for it. I think it's crazy how people would be much quicker to tell a stranger "F^C*" you than say "I love you!". I say I love you all the time. My friends don't think it's weird anymore and it's starting to rub off on them, I think :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 8:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I love this question, but I need to move on...Ha ha just havin' a little fun with ya.
    I also think they are overused.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• At Christmas time, I like to have my children give me a list of things they want....but instead of the regular "Santa" list, I like to have them list two columns....one says want and the other says need....such as I want a new toy and I need new colored pencils for school or art. Hopefully, this way, they can distinguish between the two.

sahjmom

Answer by sahjmom at 10:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• That's a great idea, sahjmom!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 6:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009