Need advice on cheap low calorie food.

I need to shed some pounds (like alot of women),does anyone know of some foods that are not to expensive,that I can eat to help me lose weight,but feel full? Snacks,meats. My husband wont eat lite,so it's just me.

Val504

Asked by Val504 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• simple - variety and moderation are key - smaller portions of fresh cooked meals - avoid any processed frozen meals. Cut your portions in half - and walk after every meal if possible. Increase your water intake and your fresh produce intake, including dark pigmented fruits and veggies - these contain cyanidin. this is a natural chemical found in dark colored produce, it assists your bndy in jump starting your metabolism.. go as organic as you can... stay away from sodas and artificial sweeteners. these trick the brain into thinking it needs more... incorporating a walk after meals jumps starts your metabolism as well - just start easy - and work up to a longer distance each week - if god didnt make it DONT EAT It

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Carbohydrates are fine avoid cholesterol. Whole grains garnola, wheet speghetti, peanuts and lentils

Avoiding Carbs is Not good! They keep you full longer! Breads too! Lots of Olive oil is good for you! Use instead of butter! Grapefruit juice and Oatmeal whenever you have an oopse!
    Anonymous

• I do have high cholesterol,I just really need to make a change,I never feel good anymore,Thanks for the advice.How does the wheat spaghetti taste,would my husband know the difference?
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I eat lots of cereals, they are low in calories and make a great meal.. I currently am eating Bran Flakes.
    Anonymous

• Fresh produce.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Fresh and frozen veggies, beans, whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, old fashioned oats)..........check out greensmoothiegirl.com. Don't fall for the "low fat" foods--mostly means they are full of sugar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• okay well honestly... salad is cheap.. and then cut your meats for u.. that would save money.. I eat pretty healthy... and cheap.. i cut meat which saves money.. cause you only need 100-200Gr and most are getting 400 500 which isnt needed.. there are also a whole lot of other food you can get that are you might not be able to do cheap but you can stay the same..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Atkins. Lower your carbs for a few weeks and increase from there. Calories are just measurements of heat. When your body doesn't use up the carbs that you ate throughout the day, your body stores those carbs as fat, and that is what makes a person gain weight. Lowering carbs temporarily is harmless. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR FIRST THOUGH. If you constantly eat carbs, your body will use those carbs as energy, but NEVER will use your stored fat as energy. Make sense?

Source: I am a Physical Education teacher
    Anonymous

• Salads are good and cheap.
    paufonseca

Answer by paufonseca at 10:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Celery! Yummy. I could live off of it.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2009