Right side of chest hurts intermittently and gets worse with movement?

This has been going on for about an hr and a half now
i am not sure if its my heart or something else but it gets alot worse with movement
seems to come and go when its bad its a stabbing pain but never lasts
anyone know what this could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like maybe a pulled muscle,but different people have different symptoms,with their heart,I would go get checked out,better be safe than sorry,your heart is not something to play with.Good luck,and let us know
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If it goes away it probably isn't serious but if it doesn't go away you should go to the ER asap as you could have blod clots.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Your heart is on the left. Get up and walk around to see if it moves around. Could actually be gas and very painful. BUT always seek medical attention and not take the advice of cafemommers :)
    EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 9:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have kind of the same thing sometimes. Feels kind of like when you were a kid and would get a "stitch" in your side after running the mile.
    Anonymous

• This has been going on with me as well. I have been tested up the wazoo with this. They determined that I am having artial spasms and have a slightly enlarged aorta. ALSO one thing I did not know and it is useful information. You can have an esophogas spasms and it feels like chest pains. It is possible this could be the culprit. If you have tums at home I reccomend taking some and if the pain doesn't go away in a little bit or returns I would go see a doc. Women have different symptoms than men when it comes to chest pain and the heart or when it comes to esophogas spasms and GERD...SO it never huitrts to be safe than sorry...Good luck!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2009