Am I a bad friend

Ok so before me and my guy got together over 2 yrs ago my best friend lived with him and they had a sexual relationship. We lost contact and have recently became friends again. It is hard for me because they had that kind of past. I tried to explain that to her but she makes it seem like I dont trust her and that isnt it at all I'm just uncomfortable when they are in the same room. Does that make me a bad friend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that's completely normal..I would be the same way!
    Anonymous

• no i would feel uncomfortable with the situation also. were they broke up when you two got together or did he leave her for you? just curious i would watch her if i were you jmo
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• they were never together she just lived with him and they got together. But yes she was moved out for a while before we got together.
    Anonymous

• no, it makes you an insecure friend. have confidence in yourself and your relationship with him now not what he had with someone else in the past

Answer by admckenzie at 9:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Do some people even read the question??

OP I understand where you're coming from. I would be uncomfortable with that situation! On the other hand, I would hate to be the friend. i'm sure she or your BF wouldn't go behind your back, because they never stayed together for a reason! I still wouldn't be trusting, though, because that's just my personality!
    Anonymous

• That don’t make you a bad friend, you cant help how you feel. It would be easy for someone to tell you not to feel that way, but they are your feelings. I understand, it makes you feel uncomfortable. I think that is normal under these circumstances.
    tykay

Answer by tykay at 9:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• if they were never together and just slept together at some point before you were with him. i wouldnt worry about it myself. i understand feeling uncomfortable but it sounds to me like you need to get through this fast since its causing problems between you and your friend.

do you know why exactly you feel uncomfortable? like what exactly about the situation makes you feel uncomfortable?
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• NOPE I WOULD ALSO FEEL THE SAME WAY !!!!!!!! WHO SAYS THEY WONT WANT TO DO IT AGAIN? I WOULDNT TRUST IT I DONT TRUST MANY WOMEN SOOOOOOOOOOO
    Anonymous

• No, it doesnt make u a bad friend...it makes you human. My suggestion is to just tell them both how you feel. Let them know that it isnt that you dont trust them, but that it is a bit uncomfortable for you. I think it makes you a good friend to let her know how you feel. this way there is no unspoken hostility on your part because you dont want to say anything. I like your honesty. I think that is important in friendships.
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 9:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It doesn't make you a bad friend at all. Just trust them. If anything happens it was never meant to be between you and your boyfriend and your friend either.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009