My daughter will be 4 next month. And I still havent decided if I should either take her to disney (pay the price) or throw her a porincess party (run around getting everything readyin a mnth) As a mother I want to do what makes her happy. Which do you think a 4 year old will enjoy more?

Party or Theme Park for a 4 yr old?

patricias_24

Asked by patricias_24 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• WELL MY LITTLE GIRL IS ALSO ABOUT TO BE 4 BUT.............................. WHAT I DO IS GET THEM A CHEAP PRESENT MOST OF THE TIME SOMETHING THEY NEED !! AND I LET THEM HELP ME MAKE THERE BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH ME THEY LOVE IT AND IT IS SIMPLE NO RUNNIN AROUND WIT MY HEAD CHOPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• being for disney would be great more expensive but theres a disney princess dress up party in the villages extra price ask the information line =]
    Lilabearsmommy

Answer by Lilabearsmommy at 9:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Geezzzzzzzzzzz by her a box.. she won't care.
    Anonymous

• I would think Disney would be a good family vacation.. I guess if you can afford it go for it.. I won't take mine until my youngest is at least 7 so he can remember it... I like to keep it simple for birthdays because the more you do, spend etc, the more they expect the older they get and I refuse to raise spoiled children.... JMO
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think Disney can be wonderful but for the price I would go to a breezes resort where you can really connect with the family. Everything is included so you can easily budget and there are no schedules. Breezes has been rated as the best family resort. Sesame Street is their theme. I would take her to Disney for her 8-10 birthday. Kids really just like high energy entertainment. A 50.00 slip and slide and your undivided attention would be just as awesome.

http://www.breezes.com/

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You know this year at Disney you get in free for your birthday...so at least she would be covered. Though not sure if you have to sign up first. Might want to check the site.

Depends Disney can be a blast for a bday...with just the family. We took my daughter there for her first birthday and decorated her stroller and she had a blinking #1 crown. We then ate at the Rainforest Cafe and they gave her a free cake slice. This was at Disneyland, not sure which Disney you are near.

We live less than an hour from Disney so I think that is why it makes it an easier option to go more for things like bdays etc... it's alway fun for us to just walk around...since we are so close we avoid peak seasons.

No matter what you do though she will LOVE it. We have done huge parties and just little at home parties. The kids don't care either way. Like this year we are just doing our own small thing at home.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think Disney would be better. Easier for you and she will be happy either way!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Ummm...I would go with the princess party. You can order online a party in a box. Just google Disney Princess. I think at this age, a party at Disneyland is a little much and might be overwhelming at her age. My daughter loves Elmo and was totally overwhelmed by a 7 foot tall Elmo in person. She CRIED! You know your daughter best, but remember, it might be kind of hard to beat next year and the year after that. My mom always told me, start small with kids that way you aren't taking out a second morgatge when they turn sixteen to afford a birthday party. lol Good luck! She will love it either way I bet!
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 9:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would say Disney... my dd is 3, she would LOVE it.
    Sahminky

Answer by Sahminky at 10:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would wait a few years for disneyland until she is older and will remember it. Otherwise, it's a lot of money spent for something she won't remember.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2009