baby's new food schedule

He's (4 mon) been eating HUGE amounts of formula and we're also introducing the new baby cereal. we're mixing 4oz formula with about 4tbls of cereal. Seems to be a pretty good mix and baby is LOVING it. However, since he's been eating alot, after that mix of formula and cereal is up, he's still seeming quite hungry. Doc said not to overfeed him...but how much is too much? He eats a cereal/form mix in the morning, formula around 11 before naptime, formula around 3 or so, cereal/form mix around 7/8pm and then formula for the nighttime feedings. The formula feedings are never more than 4-5oz because we didn't want to overfeed him, and he seems pretty ok when that's done. I don't just want him gorging on the cereal/form mix....so again...how much is too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that doesnt sound like to much to me, but i have always used water with cereal. and then gave her a bottle after cereal. i dont remember exactly how many oz. she was eating at 4 months though. you might try giving him a bottle of like 2-4 oz after the cereal??? i dont know.

i hope someone on here can give you better advice. lol. good luck.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You could try spoon feeding him some cereal mixed in THICK with the formula.

Other than that I don't have any advice. It doesn't sound like you're feeding him too much, and realistically, if he's hungry you shouldn't deprive him. Just learn how to tell if he's really hungry or can be distracted by something else like a toy or pacifier.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• my daughter is six months and I think that your son won't eat or drink anymore if he's not hungry. I don't think you are over feeding him at all. when she was 4 months I fed her 2 tablespoons of ceral mixed with about and oz of formula and then a 5oz bottle.
    roie

Answer by roie at 10:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• There have been many times my son has eaten a lot or drank a lot that to me seemed to be to much but he was still hungry. Your baby will tell you when they are full and as long as he isnt spitting up after he eats then just feed the little guy. Thats what I've done. And for all you know he may be going through a growth spurt and need it all.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009