What would it be like to hear kind words of support for your weight struggles?

So I noticed there was a nasty weight comment hiden in a "question". I feel that no matter what size you are, hearing kind words regarding your weight issues is so helpful. So, here is my comment for you: You are BEAUTIFUL and WORTHY of LOVE!
Keep plugging away... gain the weight you need, lose the weight you need, eat the kinds of food you need to and good job on working out for the first time, contuining or getting back to working out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• Thanks. That other poster has no idea, or doesn't care, how much damage a question like hers can do. People have so much sympathy for someone with bulimia or anorexia (as do I), but if you are a compulsive eater, everyone just looks down on you. I have news for those people, all three of those things are considered eating disorders by medical professionals. Walk a mile in my shoes. Have the memories that I have. Then maybe you would understand why I turn to food too much for comfort. I'm not proud of it, but it doesn't mean I don't deserve love and respect.
    Anonymous

• yeah i know, i think people can be healthy at any size
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• No they don't know what an eating disorder effects your life,It is a sickness ,like any other.I quit eating ,because I hated the way I looked,I got tired of people like the poster,making me feel like I was beneath them,because I was a little over weight,well like I said in my response to that question,I became anorexic,98lbs almost died,was in a wheel chair,because I lost my muscle tone in my legs,I was in the hospital for 4 months.I am back up to 130,a little overweight,but because of people like these,I continue to worry about my weight,worrying about what people are saying about the way I look. I love people for who they are not for what they look like .Sticks and stones,well it aint true.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Nice post!
    Anonymous

• Thank you. I would have rather not been Anonymous but you all know the haters and I didn't want to be PM'd with people being nasty. I know what it is like to be at all different sizes. My FIL after I lost a lot of weight told me that I should return my old jeans to the tent maker! I said, "Jack - one day you will be old and crusty. You will require my services to help you and I may want to but I think I rather visit the tent maker." Oh and when I told them I was pregnant, he said I could just use my old "Fat" clothes. What an arse.
    When I got down to smaller size, I was told to gain weight. It's my body - I love it no matter what!
    You all are GREAT!
    Anonymous

• Everybody needs positive reinforcement, not rude comments when they are concerned with their weight. There are many different reasons people gain weight and much of it is psychological. I had a lot of problems in my marriage, etc and became an emotional eater. I would mindlessly eat an entire package of oreos in one sitting w/o even realizing what I'd done. Once I got help for that and realized other ways to deal with the issues in my life besides eating I've been able to slowly get back on track. Other health issues haven't helped, but I will overcome those as well. It's hard and no matter where you are as far as weight, no one should try to make you feel bad. You ladies are all awesome!

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Super nice :) Thanks alot and I'll keep trying. I'm getting better at this each and every day :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Thank you so much! I just posted to the other question. I dont eat enough and that is why I cant lose weight! It's called starvation mode. If I could eat the way I did on WW I would lose the weight but it gets depressing when someone says you eat like a pig. I did eat constantly and was losing weight on WW. But $$ and all the food cost so much I couldnt afford it! Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to hear something nice once in a while! I wish I could post with my name but like the other anon said I cant deal with all the hate mail that some of these people send!
    Anonymous