is any one else's partner a true computer geek?

My husband can not take a breath or a step with out a damn computer device at hand. Any one else's like this, his cell phone, ipod is in his hand for shopping, church. I know what my choices are to deal with this. I 'm wondering if any other cm'er is in this situation and how you deal with his inability, true inability, to socialize with you without any of that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I am the computer geek!!!!! I use the computer to work and the computer to relax.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• YOU are? really? BUT CAN you be with other adults or your kids' games, playgroups WITHOUT your palmpilot or blackberry, laptop?? sigh. my husband can not be with out any of that. not any where. it is a true addiction for him, not funny for some time now.
    Anonymous

• stay married long enough and you'll be glad he does something  besides ask you where you're going, what you're doing, when will you be back, how much money did you spend, what's for lunch (asked at breakfast), what's for dinner (asked at lunch), what's for breakfast (asked the night before at dinner), etc.    HE cannot be without  the computer for any length of time before withdrawal sets in.  Professional advice given to me, "throw it out the window".  Would have done so but was certain my obit would appear in the newspaper the next day.  Anonymous

Anonymous

• My Hubby is an internet addict, he researches everything... When he's not on his laptop he's working on something. I will admit that his intelligence is very sexxy to me,lol So I'm not complaining.... I love my laptop as well,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My x husband was but, he was also a sex addict, and used the internet as a major vehicle for his addiction (although I had no idea at the time I wasn't one to go on to his computer and check histories and what not actually I don't know much about computers and he was very good at keeping me in the dark about a lot). I would talk to him about it, people do get addicted to the web and if this is effecting your relationship (which in psychological terms would deem it a problem) he has to be willing to hear you at and compromise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree with the above.It's better to have a man into something than for him to be into you.I'm not saying what it sounds like.He seems like a multi-tasker,those types have to be occupied at all times in order to function.My husbands like this it drives me insane but he's happy and he's not yelling at me,so it works for us.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2009