My hubby & I are thinking about going on a trip. I have an 18 month old boy and am already having anxiety when I think of leaving him. Do I go away?

He would be staying with his grandparents who he loves....I just feel like he'll need his Mommy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that's normal to feel that way, but he will be fine, how long before you leave? maybe leave him at the grandparents for a night just to get used to the idea?
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 10:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Stay home with your baby! Some people think that you "should" want to get away. If you feel like it would be hard to leave him, then don't. Wait until he is older. I did not leave my babies overnight when they were that little.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• trust me I has the same problem last year when my husband and I left our 7month and 2 year old boys with my MIL for a week while we went on a second honeymoon and I missed them waayyy more than they missed me. I worried the first 3 days we where gone and wish now I could have just relaxed. Your baby will have a blast with out you. Plus you'll be such a happier mom that you got to spend one on one time with DH. It was the best thing for our Marriage.
    momontherun32

Answer by momontherun32 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Trust me I had.....
    momontherun32

• Yes definitely go, its good for you and your hubby to reconnect. Your baby will be fine and a great opportunity to bond with grandma and grandpa and learn to seperate from you slowly.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If it were more than a couple of days, I don't think I could do it either at this age. I think my daughter would miss me too badly after 2 days without me, and I wouldn't want her to be upset. I'D be a wreck too.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 10:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think he is kind of little to be left yet. I think that if it were overnight close by, it would not be too bad, but he is kind of little.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• now i feel bad. i have been letting my son go over to his grandmas house every sat and sun since he was 4 months!! he did fine, and since she is young (43) she loves it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think you should go, I have an 15 month old son and something "unexpected" came up and I had to be away for a week so he stayed with his grandparents now mind you I have been home with him everyday since he was born, well sometimes he will spend a night or 2 at my parents house but overall he was under my care. Now that week was a break I never realized how much I needed and my son never even noticed I was gone. Go have fun while he is still small and wont be begging you to tag along! :)
    cj_letourneau07

Answer by cj_letourneau07 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Don't feel bad if you did it and it worked for you!! Some kids handle it very well. I did not mean to make anyone feel bad. My son was really good about visiting overnight, my daughter would have a breakdown.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009