Can I get pregnant right after my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think so, no. You don't ovulate until 14 days after the first day of your period. But you CAN get pregnant ON your period if your egg hasn't passed yet.
    Anonymous

• No you can't. In between menstruation is the time you are most fertile/likely to conceive, and when you actually have your period your egg is passed out of you, so there is nothing to impregnate, if you follow :)
    AngieCate

Answer by AngieCate at 10:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes you can if you ovulate then. Everyone ovulates different, sometimes i even ovulate during my period and sometimes i dont at all, so it all depends.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My oldest daughter got pregnant within days of her period. Doc told her that her egg either dropped early or wasn't passed during her period.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Actually the first two of the above answers are absolutely untrue. Women do not ovulate 14 day after your period starts, but 14 days BEFORE the start of your period. This means that if you have a short menstrual cycle (20-23 days), irregular menstrual cycles or an ovulation that occurs a bit earlier than normal (a common occurence) then you can get pregnant right after your period. If you do the math, someone with a 21-day cycle will be in her most fertile period during cycle days 5-8. The average length of a period is 5-7 days, so a person with a cycle this short will be MOST fertile directly after her period.
    HeatherLynn89

Answer by HeatherLynn89 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009