what do you think of putting 6 month old in daycare?

i am on unemployment and I have until Sept. but my husband wants me to put our daughter in daycare now and get a job, bc he said staying home is affecting out marriage??? I disagree and am against putting her in daycare I want to stay with her for as long as I can.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You baby needs you and your husband needs to be a man and take care of you and your daughter. Just be a good wife.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I agree with you. I think six months is far too young to be going into daycare. My kids all stayed at home with me until they started kinder when they were four. Of course, it is each to their own, and ultimately it is between you and your husband, but I truly believe it is in your daughter's best interests to be with you all the time for longer than half a year of her life.
    AngieCate

Answer by AngieCate at 10:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I agree with kemclaughlin exactly!. My husband would rather have me home with my 8 month old, where he knows she'lll be taken care of.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think any child under 1 year is too young for any kind of child care, and any child under 2 years is too young for full time child care. ...i think you should stay home for as long as you can. YOU are what is best for your baby. And somewhere deep down your husband knows that too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• daycare is tooo scary now days! Lots of children being hurt, killed, abused etc If you can stay home..then do it! I plan to stay home as long as possible it is my JOB!
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think both of you need a job. My son went into daycare when he was 3 months. It's good for them to get away from you. Stop living on unemployment just because your selfish and don't want to be away from your kid.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think anything under 1 year is too young for day care. but if both parents work, what do you do? My husband and I both work and have been lucky till now, (almost 5months old), but soon baby may need to be in day care just because we have no one else in the area to watch him, and we can't afford for only one of us to be working. how does that happen? how do you stay at home till the baby is 4 without working? how can you afford it? I would LOVE to stay home with my child till then, those are the most precious and important years!!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• The stress it causes sux especially when its financial my dh and I agreed we would never put our dd in day care it has been a struggle at times but I don't regret it b/c time goes by so fast. Stay home if u can and just tell hubby that time goes by so fast and u need to be with her.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Sarapurser... What the f**k kinda comment is that. Wanting to stay home with your baby isn't selfish. Its doing what's best for your baby. Keep that shit to yourself.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think it depends on your financial situation. Maybe your husband needs your help to take the load off him. Can you afford to stay at home and have his check be the only income?

We put our son in daycare when he was 4.5 months old. I did my research and found some places in my husbands area. The place I wanted to send him here was booked and I didn't trust ANY of the other surrounding areas. DH's city he works in is a lot nicer and have more daycares. Anyhow, I did the research and we checked the places out. I LOVE his daycare. The care givers are great and I love that my son has other kids his age to play with.

When I was working full time, he went three days and my mom watched him two days. Now that I'm part time, he only goes two days, then my mom watches him one day, and I stay home the other two. I really like this system.

Honestly it depends on your situation. Everyone is different.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009