how do you make your steaks???

I mean like do you meranate or put any kinds of seasonings on it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• we marinate them in Italian dressing and then cook them in a skillet. If we don't have Italian dressing then we use seasonings a let them lay in a bag with them. Usually the seasonings include: salt, pepper, crushed red peppers, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and meat tenderizer. It sounds like a lot but it just takes a little of each.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Normally we grill them, with little seasoning. But we live in MI and our grill is in our garage until it warms up. I made steak a few days ago, with a marinade. I got the sautee pan REALLY hot. Then seared the steaks for a few minutes each side, plus the "width" portions. Then put them in the oven to finish the inside. I wouldn't do it again with a marinade, but I was trying something different.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Olive oil, kosher salt, pepper.. usually 1 inch rib eyes. I grill them for 4 minutes a side and let them rest for about 5 minutes after they're done. Marination only ruins a good steak.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• About 30 minutes before cooking, I take out of fridge and rub on olive oil, salt and pepper and let sit out for the 30 minutes and the I either grill or make in the broiler. It is simple and soooo good. Letting the steak sit out for 30 minutes to be at room temp makes a huge difference.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I honestly don't know how we make them...my SO always grills them and does whatever he does to them to make them come out great. I think he uses some kind of special meat rub though.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I sprinkle soy sauce and olive oil on the meat then press in a mixture of minced garlic, cracked pepper and oregano. Let sit for a half hour or so, then toss on the grill for about five minutes per side and eat. The best steak ever. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I made a really good marinade this weekend for a flank steak. I am sure it would work on any steak. 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, 1/4 cup each fresh lemon and lime juice, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp cajun seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper, 4 cloves of garlic minced, and 1 jalapeno, sliced. Add all this to a big ziploc bag or to a dish and put the steaks into it. Marinate for 4-6 hours. Its yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Depends! Most of the time some garlic rub and under the broiler for a few minutes so yummy! I like to add sauce the last five mins
    Homeschoolmom99

Answer by Homeschoolmom99 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• We had steak last week (we grill all year round, even when it's freezing outside and we have to dig out the grill, lol). I usually season them the day before with tenderizer, garlic powder and Montreal steak seasoning. Then we grill. Pretty simple. They were so good last time. You could almost cut it with a fork and the meat melted in your mouth. Best steaks I've had by far.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2009