for the past 2 weeks my DD who is 5 months old ( 5 1/2 months now) has been waking up 1-2 times at night to eat! I am exhausted since I was used to her sleeping thru til morning. How can I stop this? or do I just keep feeding her every night? ( won't she think it is a new meal/ play time?)

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked a heathcare professional and they told me that it was normal. My daughter who is 9 months now started doing this about a month ago. They told me that it could be teething or it could be because she is going through a growth spurt. It is getting better now though. It isn't every night any more so hopefully it is almost over. Good luck.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Try feeding your child some cereal at the last feeding of the day to see if that will help get her thru the night without waking up.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My son started that too at about 5 months. He is now 7months and still does it. It's just something baies do. My pedi said that I should be lucky its only twice some babies wake up 8 to 10 times a night. I don't think theres is anything we can actually do except just live thru it.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• When my son was around that age he did that too, I started adding a small amount of rice cereal to each bottle and it helped fill him up better. After about 3 days he started sleeping thru the night.
    amy068

Answer by amy068 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2009