does anyone have those friends that think they know more about parenting your child than you???or think they can do a better job than you?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Only one and she's on her way out of my life.
    Anonymous

• yes but mostly it's my MIL, other than that my friend who has no children seems to thinks its ok to tell me how to do things very very annoying.
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 10:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Oh I do! They are no longer friends! They ruined my Christmas by making me feel like the worst parent on earth cause I didn't change DD1's pull-up right away when I noticed she was wet and also because I am one of those BFing moms who feed on a schedule not on demand. They gave me hell for not feeding DD2 on demand! B!tches! Whatever I know for a fact I'm a better parent than them cause my 2 YO actually behaves and listens to me!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• yessssss very annoying it just gets under my skin..those type of people are called frenenmies..i think everyone has those....ughhhh annoying isss righttttt
    Anonymous

• my sil. the best part is she is an idiot about kids and in denial about her own.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Who would be friends with someone like that??
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yup, but she doesn't have any kids yet. (ever notice how everyone's a better parent until they have kids of their own?)
    Granted, her parents were never around and she and her brother were left to do everything on their own. She is a mess, however my daughter is very well behaved, so I don't give a second thought to what she says.
    Anonymous

• Yeah it is me. lol. I am an expert. I know it because I have three spectacular kids who are all fine teenagers. Well except that one who gave me the 'mouth' right before dinner and I sent her to her room. Only to have her come down an hour later and want pie. I said nope eat dinner first. She got something out of the fridge. NO that was not dinner.
    Then again with the "mouth" so she went back to her room. Yet I am still sure that I am a great parent and can tell all my friends how to do it better. Yeah I am pretty sure. Ask me again next week.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I'm probably one of "those friends" lol. Sometimes, it isn't about thinking you're a better parent. Sometimes it is about being a fresh pair of eyes that isn't weary from the same-old same-old terrible-twos (or whatever) drama that can add a new perspective on things. Would you rather all of your friends say "well, its her kid so I'm not going to help any"?? or would you rather have a friend that made suggestions where she thought they might help and make your lives easier.

Some people really do get bossed around by friends and family. Some people are so insecure (or overly secure) about their own parenting that anyone that tries to lend a hand is "intruding." I welcome the help that I can get. The final decision is always mine (as well it should be) but I don't mind suggestions along the way.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• No, novemberlove, I'd prefer a friend who offered advice only when asked, and I think that most women don't appreciate the unsolicited advice!
    Yes, I have people like that in my life. My sil, who doesn't have children, being the primary irritant. She doesn't agree with many of my husband and my choices for raising our children and often makes that clear.
    I don't understand why when you have a child, people think it's fair game to tell you what you should/shouldn't be doing. I had my son in June in Southern California, so it was often upwards of 100 degrees. We'd go for walks when it would start to cool down at night, and I was often told how cold his feet must be since I didn't have him in socks! Really? It's 85 degrees out, but he must be freezing!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 2:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2009