Does anyone else remember how scary tampons first seemed?

I remember first trying and vowing nothing would ever enter my body and I would remain a virgin forever. So much for that.

Anyone have a first tampon horror story?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• omg yes the first time i used one was at school. my friend didnt have any pads so i said okay just give me a tampon...at the end of the day i went to take it out AND THE STRING WASNT THERE!!! i was so scared..lol it is funny now but ohh it sucked lol. i could not find that damn tampon.
    i had to get to the ER and have them go in and get it out !!

talk about embarrassing lol
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 11:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• yes i was sooooo afraid the first time,but ummmm over that one. lmaofff
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry about the typo. I vowed I would never let anything enter my body is what I meant to say.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I remember trying a bunch of times to put one in and it would not work! Then a girl on my sports team showed me how (not for real showed me, eww), I can't believe how easy it was!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Oh my yes! I think I was 15 and it was during the summer. A friend and I were going to go swimming with our boyfriends so I needed to use a tampon. They were all in the living room and I was in the bathroom for about 10 minutes before I got the courage to try lol. I finally did it and it was pretty easy. I put on my bathing suit and we headed out to the pool. We were walking since it was right down the road and every step I took hurt! My friend was laughing at me and the guys had no clue. When I laughed it hurt too. As soon as we got back from the pool I took it out and didn't try again for another year or so lol. I was so embarrassed. It's funny now tho.
    LukesMommy912

Answer by LukesMommy912 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Oh man! The ER? That is sooooo embarrassing. I am so sorry. hahahaha
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Ugh! Yes! We were going on one of my mom's business trips and I wanted to go swimming with my best friends, but had started my period the day before we took off. So we bought some tampons and my mom tried showing me how to use them. I tried with like 3 of them and was shaking cause I couldn't do it. Then my mom left and I went back into the bathroom, took a deep breath, said to myself "do it damn it!", took a tampon and stuck it up there! I was shaking afterwards, but it wasn't umcomfortable. After that it was tampons only for me! Lol.... btw I was 11 at the time
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Omg cyarasmom! That's funny but damn embarassing! I would've died! Thank God, I've been using them for 10 years now and that's never happened to me!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

Momma2beauties

• lol I think Cyarasmom wins!!!

Mine was during the summer time too. My best friend and I were hanging out at my house and she told me how to use one. I used one of those cardboard ones and didn't know that I was suppose to push the paper part through and than take out the cardboard. I just left the cardboard in and took off the bottom part. I kept telling her that it was really annoying and she told me that it was going to take some time getting use too. When I told her what I had done she couldn't stop laughing at me. I had it in there until the next morning, so I was really uncomfortable.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 11:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2009