My 3 yr old will not stop running around doing stupid stuff that hurts her.

She runs straight into walls almost nocks herself out than does it again. She was running in the house today I told her to stop, put her in time out, spanked her, and nothing stopped it eventually she fell hit the coffee table and damn near busted open her face. Than she got up and went right back to it. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son did the same thing. He had bruises all down his shins or knees. He had injuries he wouldn't even cry about. Then I would see the boo boos and ask what happened, he would say
    " i dunno". Thank god he's gotten better.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• UM NO THAT IS UNFORTUNATLY A CHILD BOTH MINE DO THE SAME CRAP OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN A MOTHER IS A RECORDER?
    Anonymous

• Thank you it makes me feel better I thought I was doing something wrong or not seeing signs of a problem I apriciate it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My son was like that...it got to the point where he just had so much energy we would often open the back door and order him to run around for 5 min so he can get it out. After than he was able to sit for a while...(not too long mind you) but it helped.
    OGGI

Answer by OGGI at 9:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Give somewhere safe to run around and get energy out, check eyesight....
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009