which is tougher to go through c-section or vaginal birth?

i had a c-section and my sister in law is actin like i could the "easy" way out. it was an emergency c-section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a c section and my sister in law delivered vaginally. we pretty much decided that the recovery for a c section was worse. However, mine was an emergency also, and they couldn't give me enough pain med to make me completely numb bc my epidural wasn't that long before they decided to do the c section so my delivery was very hard. I think every situation is different. But usually a vaginal birth hurts more during deliver and a c section hurts more during recovery.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I'VE HAD 3 VAG DELIVERYS AND 1 EMERGENCY C-SECTION. I THINK VAGINALS IS A WONDERFUL FEELING TO EXPERIENCE THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILDREN BUT MY GOODNESS ITS ALOT OF WORK AND C-SECTIONS ARE MORE PAINFUL THE RECOVERY THAT IS.
    SweetMama823

Answer by SweetMama823 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i havent had a vaginal birth, i had a c section my whole family had vaginal births and they have all said they think c section is worse sinc they saw me just have one.. i recovered and felt GREAT after within about 5 days i felt good, but i ws still in a lot of pain i couldnt lift anything heavier than my baby, i couldnt use my stomach muscles at all, my incision burned and hurt... 3 1/2 weeks later i can move normal but i still get sharp intense pains sometimes if i dont take it carefully.

so i think a c section is worse
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I had a long long labor ending in a section and two other sections. My first section I thought I was dying afterwards, never had surgery before that except when I was three years old. The contractions after the surgery were out of this world painful. I'd scream in pain and remember waking up my roomate swearing at me. My body was over tired cause I was really late too. My second section was most painful before I came home for some reason not when I was home, I guess used to it. And my third section except for a few hours after birth didn't hurt in the hospital or home. So I can't speak of vaginal deliveries but I know a first section can be extremely painful. I couldn't wait for painkillers with the first one. Having had three sections I can say your sister in law has no idea what she's talking about if she never had a section. It is major surgery and some times women recoop fast and some slow. You still gave birth.
    Anonymous

• Both are hard and I wouldn't say one is harder than the other. I've had two c sections one emergency and the other planned. With the first I was in induced labor for 14 hrs with no pain meds and that was pretty damn painful. I ended up with an emergency c section but by that time i was happy for the labor to be over. My second was planned but they had trouble with my spinal which was VERY painful and caused me to have lots of back pain afterwards. It's now been a month since my c section and I'm perfectly healed and feeling great. C sections are not an easy way out.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i had a c-section
    but i was dilated to a 9 and they were getting me ready to push when her heat rate went up
    but from wut my sister told me during the birth vaginal is worse
    but after having a c-section i think it takes alot longer to get back to doing things the way u were before
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You didn't take the easy way out if you had an emergency c-section! It was necessary. I think scheduled c-sections (unless medically necessary) are taking the easy way out.
    I've only had a vaginal, which was a lot of work, but a great experience. I would be scared to death to do a c-section.
    You did what you needed to do, so don't let anyone tell you that you took the easy way out
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Sorry but your SIL sounds like an idiot if she actually thinks having an emergency c-section is the easy way out. even with a scheduled c-section, recovery is no walk in the park. its called major surgury for a reason. Now ive had only c-sections but have a few friends who have had both, including LONG intense labors, then a section on their next pregnancy and every single one of them said that recovery from a section is far worse. personally it drives me nuts when people complain about people having c-sections, who cares, they are giving birth to a child, does anything else really matter?
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 12:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think it depends. If you go through labor only to end up with a c/s then the experience can be traumatic and the recovery time could be worse. BUT if you schedule a c/s it *may* be easier to recover.

BUT If a women has a 3rd or 4th degree tear, I vote for that being worse then a c/s. Nothing like having 1 giant rip from whole to whole to make vaginal birth traumatic!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2009