On Cafemom..i read this posting about a lady who had a c-section. is there a difference of the way they cut you if its a emergency c-section or a scheduled? i kn ow this sounds dumb but im asking because of what i read.

please no drama lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no there is 2 ways they cut you but it really depends on the dr on how they preferr to do things
    Anonymous

• No, they only cut you one way and that's across
    Anonymous

• i thought it was only horizontally
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• No difference in the way they cut you. But, the anesthesia is different. I think. I had my first c-section, emergency. I had to be knocked out completely. Where as my last 2 were scheduled and i had a spinal and was awake for them.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes there are two way to be cut. Sometimes in an emergency c-section they wont cut side to side the will cut up and down. All depends on how fast they need to get the baby out and on the doctor. The only bad part about being cut up and down is if you ever want to try and have a baby naturally you wont be able to because it's a lot more risky.
    Anonymous

• They DO NOT cut up and down anymore due to the recovery and the risk of a ruptured uterus
    Anonymous

• My first c section was emergency and I was cut the same way as the planned one and that's on my pubic hair line from side to side.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• actually i looked it up and there are two cuts

classical or bikini cut
    bikini cut takes longer to heal which is horizontally
    classical is vertically and takes about a week to heal

bikini cut shows less, but is a longer recovery because your body's muscles run vertically and with this procedure you are being cut horizontally. The classical cut shows from just under the belly button but heals well, since it's easier for the stomach muscles to re-attach and repair themselves.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• the do cut up and down and across still both ways i know people recently that have had the up and down one
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Any doctor that does a vertical cut should have their licence revoked. The only real difference is how low the cut is. Most doctors do what they call a bikini cut, basically low enough that you could wear a bikini without the scar showing.

Anonymous