What would you do...

if someone broke into your home in the middle of the night and your husband wasn't home?

MrsDeputy

Asked by MrsDeputy at 11:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kill them. End of story.
    crkirby

Answer by crkirby at 12:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Omg I've had someone attempt to break in when i was alone with dd i thought it was dh coming home from his lunch he works 3rd and I turned on my tv and the person at the door ran off and slammed my door i was in total shock all i could do is get close to dd grab a knife and sit on my floor crying my eyes out now to be honest i lock dd and myself in my bedroom
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Shoot them.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I've had it happen before I was married when I was babysitting about 5 kids. I locked the doors, and called the police. I think I also grabbed a knife. very scary stuff. I keep all the doors locked at night and during the day.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 11:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• let my dog eat them
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 11:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Freak the f--- out would be a good start. I have this fear whenever I can't sleep. I live in an upstairs apt, but I have a stairway in the back. I watch I survived on Bio every monday and that doesn't help my fears!!! Otherwise, my kids are almost always in bed with me and I have a can of bear mace under my bed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I'd probably get a warning first- - my dogs would bark. But then I'd dial 911 from the landline, let it ring and either leave the line open or hang-up, then don't answer when they call back. At least in my state (WA), police are required to do a welfare check when getting a call like that. That way I know that there's an officer/sherriff heading my way.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i let them take evrything they want just dont hurt my kids and if they do i probably will kill someone
    Anonymous

• I have two very large, very protective dogs. I don't think a burglar would have a very pleasant time in my home needless to say. My dog growls at my husband for tapping/hitting me playfully. I doubt either one of them would let a stranger near us or our child.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Get on the phone and dial 911.
    My husband put a gun on my side of the bed, but I've never shot one before. I told him that he needs to take me someplace and teach me because at this point I would just wait till the bad guy came close enough for me to bash him on the head with it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2009