Anyone itch really bad while pregnant??

With my first pregnancy i had pupps, this pregnancy from about 3 or 4 weeks along(right about the time if found out i was prego) i have had a rash and it itches so bad it feels like my body is on fire!!!!! well now at 23 weeks the rash is almost gone but i still itch super bad!!!!! no dr can tell what is is( i have been to 5) so i was wondering if any of you moms have had anything similar and what helped?? thanks

olivers_mommy7

Asked by olivers_mommy7 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i get really itchy i use the jergens coc butter lotion that seems to help ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• OMG YES AND YOU JUST BRINGING IT UP BRINGS IT ALL BACK OMG AHHH IT KILLED ME THE DOC DIDNT KNOW WHT MINE WAS EITHER BUT I WOULD ITCH SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD I COULDNT GO TO SLEEP LITTERALLY CAUSE I WAS ITCHIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STARTED ITCHIN SO BAD ONE DAY I LITTERALLY THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE AND MY HUSBAND ASS HOLE THOUGHT I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET ATTENTION !!!!!!
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I had pupp, buty I know that rash and itcheness and also be something serious and you might want to checkl that out too. Mine was only pupp though, which is not serious. From what I heard it is your body trying to get rid of toxins.... your liver is on overload, does that make sense? So what I did was I took sugar completely out of my diet. I ate things that helped support my liver, such as greens, beets etc. I added brewers yeast and flaxseed oil as well to my diet. hmmm what else? oh yeah, oatmeal baths and tar soap (I forgot exactly what its called) in a luke cool bath. If I think of what else I did I'll let you know. But seriously it worked miracles
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes! My legs are super itchy all the time! I'm 14 weeks, and it seems like it's been non-stop for at least 6 weeks now.
    I don't remember this with my first pregnancy, but it's bad this time!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• OMG Yes. I Itched Everywher,mostly my back and butt. But when I had him it went away. MY OB/GYN didn't know what it was either but when I used Aquaphor it worked wonders.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yes. Hormones! Aren't they lovely? In addition to your skin itching from stretching, your skin may also itch from the effects of hormones.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• God, EVERYTHING itches when you're pregnant!

Everytime I'm pregnant, my back (which has absolutely nothing to do with being pregnant) starts itching like there's no tomorrow! I've been known to go at my back (when bf isn't around to help me) with forks, pens, pencils, combs, brushes....man, whatever works!

Suprisingly....my stomach is probably the ONLY thing that never itches!
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• ya its mostly my back, chest, and legs!!! i itch so bad i bruise myself in my sleep. it looks like i get beat!!! i also make my self bleed too=[
    olivers_mommy7

Answer by olivers_mommy7 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It can be more that just hormones or skin streching . There is a condition called cholestasis of pregnancy which affects the liver. You need to have a bile acids test and liver panel (blood work) to see if you have this. This condition if not monitored can lead to stillbirth.
    anac98000506

Answer by anac98000506 at 1:16 PM on May. 13, 2009