is colostrum supposed to look like a redish brown?

its just that i cant imagine a baby drinking this bloodish like liquid :$ is it gonna change color to white or clear once my baby is born?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 11:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No it should be clear or it may have a yellowish tint.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• that sounds odd i would talk to your dr im 34 weeks and mine is white / clear
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• so is there something wrong with my colostrum? im 30 weeks and it has a tint of blood
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 11:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• not sure but youo really should mention it to your dr it just doesnt sound righ t
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• my colostrum was yellow... and then the milk came in and it was white/clear....but a few times its had a reddish tin to it and it is from my nipple cracking and it as a little blood her pedi said its normal...

if its all the time though thats kind of weird
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• hmmm yeah i'll have to ask my doctor, but could it be that im bleeding a .little since i've never had any babies and my nipples are just opening the way for the milk to get out?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 12:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i didnt bleed til after my son was born and he gummed the heck outta my nipples lol i mean if your skin is really dry then ya i suppose that could be it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• my nipples were not that dry, at all and still havent been and mine bled like that VERY lightly during my pregnancy and after...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Ive never heard of that. Maybe theres an infection in there.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2009