Sister thinks I need therapy

so I am here tonight to pose some questions to you ladies..here's a bit of the back story. I've been divorced for ovr 18 mo a yr ago I started dating. I have been with 12 men in 12 months. It sounds like alot but honestly I don't feel like I was that busy. My sister of course had bunch of lovely words for me...slutty, trampy. but I ask if I was a guy would those same names still apply? My ex husbnd was my first....I M an extremely confident woman who loves sex and mkes sure I am careful and safe. Can't I enjoy myself too without being labeled? or am i supposed find that one person to settle for again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Do what you want because you'll never please everyone. Here's the bottom line...yes it's more acceptable for men to be sluts. The bad part about about having sex with every guy that comes along is you may find that you like this about that one and that about that one and so forth and when you do find that "right" guy you may not be sexually satisfied with "just one man". Another thing is men want a woman that respects herself, so don't give it up so easy and you'll find a man worth loving.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Do what you whatever you want to do, its your life! Just don't tell anybody about it, if you don't want to be labeled!
    Anonymous

• The right one will come along, I went thru the same thing after my divorce, I had to get it out of my system... When I finally took a break from men and swore I would never date again, and if I did marriage was out of the question then he came along.... I was head over heels in love and still am more than ever!! We married 9 months after we met and have never been happier!!!! Don't sweat it, just be really careful!!!!
    Anonymous

• Whew....obviously your IQ score is the same as your shoe size as well! LOL
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I'm certainly not going to judge you, I'm just glad you take precautions. I think only you know for certain if you are just having some post divorce fun or if you are being driven by low-self esteem, or unresolved issues, & what-not. Even if you didn't feel like there was anything to your sexual history other than dating and having fun I would listen to your sister IF (AND ONLY IF) she came to you with sincere concern for you and your well being...but it doesn't quite sound like that's what happened it sounds like she met you with judgement and criticism. But, like I said originally, only you know for sure. GL!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I the same way i have been with a lot of guys, i like to have fun and have a good time but like you say you cant have a good time with out some thing to them self she a whore slut bicth but that not trust people think that they should only be with one or sometimes too guy,and them some say that too guy are too many, my sister thinks that way i'm alway a bicth slut in her eyes but i learn that those word dont mean a fucken thing to me anymore if they did i would cry every day, dont let the lable bother you the world gose world remember that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Some people don't read the guidelines for posting anon! :) How many reports does it take to get booted from cafemom? Someone is about to find out....
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Do what you want to do. You already did the marriage thing and if you feel that your not ready to find that one and settle down again then don't. So what if you slept with those guys thats your business and no one elses. Let them call you names if it irritates them that much then there must be a tinge of jealousy there somewhere.
    mommy_2_kaely

Answer by mommy_2_kaely at 12:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• As long as you are conducting yourself to your own standards don't be bothered by imature name calling. The world still seems to have the double standard crap. OH, he's a guy and they all do that. (bullcrap) .
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 4:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think alot of woman go through what you are going through when they get divorced. My sister and my sister in law where both married to their 'first" and when the marriage ended, they both went out and had sex with plenty of different men. 12 men in 12 months isn't really all that bad, I think my sister in law was doing two or three different men a week. LOL She is now happily in a great relationship with a great guy. Don't let your sister bash you, just try to keep the info to yourself and not give her any ammunition.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 11:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009