discharge + blood= ?

These past few days i have been seeing a small amount of blood mixed in with my discharge its doesnt hurt or any type of pain no ordor or any sings of tissue, just light blood and especially when I go to the bathroom to do number 2 (tmi, sorry) like when I strain or push thats when the blood comes. I have been nervous because I think that something is wrong this is my first pregnancy and I am 35 weeks. Should I be worried? My next doctor's vist will be tuesday should I wait it out or go in now? Can somebody tell me what this could be. Have anyone had this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be your mucus plug your mucus plug may have small amounts of blood in it if it gets heavy like aperiod or bright red then that is not good and you should tell your dr asap but i think you would be fine til tuesday you can call your dr just to see what they want you to do tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It sounds like bloody show, which can mean that the cervix is changing or dilating. I would let your doctor know in case he/she wants to check your cervix for dilation. If it's not serious bleeding I would think it's your body readying itself for labor. I had some bloody show around 35 weeks with my first, but didn't deliver until 38 weeks. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Your probably just losing a little bit of your mucus plug. It's probably nothing to worry about.

HOWEVER, if your placenta was in a strange place (covering the cervix, etc), there were any possible problems with it or you and your DH have different blood types (and you haven't had an RH factor shot) than you should contact your doctor immediately!
    Anonymous

• yeap with freela
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2009