Adhesive Question for Paper Crafters

I am trying to glue cardstock to cardboard~some may not be quite as thick as average cardstock, but some is~I have several types of adhesive on hand~my question is, which do you suggest for a PERMANENT bond...I have narrowed it down to two different kinds~

A.) Mod Podge

B.) Everyday scrapbooking glue sticks

Thank You!

maksmom2

Asked by maksmom2 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Modge Podge is great! You can do a few layers of it over if possible... Also something I have used that sticks amazingly is Helmers Glue spray! its a large spray so only good for anything larger than 6x6. Its great but something you have to do with care because if you use to much spray it will seap through the paper.

For scrapbooks I like to use ad-tech glue runner from wal-mart. its has a very strong hold on it.

What kind of craft you are doing & what its going to be exposed to can greatly effect the glue..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I prefer glue sticks (the Ross brand). They work well and haven't wrinkled any of my paper since I've started using them. I get mine at wally world.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I like the supertape made by Therm-o-web...they even make sheets.
    OGGI

Answer by OGGI at 10:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Stampin up has a super sticky strip tape but you can also get it at walmart. It has a red backing (tape is clear.)
    AligirlP

Answer by AligirlP at 3:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You can use Mod Podge but it's pretty expensive. Try Elmer's glue all instead. It works better then any gluestick and it's cheaper.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 4:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009