what makes the dads think they can just up and go do something

and expect the mom to be the one to stay there and take care of the kid?
if i wanted to go and do something id have to say hey can you watch the baby for a MINUTE while i do this.. and hell throw a fit, what makes him think he can just say hey ill beback and 3 hours later, come back?

what can i do to make him see that its both of our daughter and he can watch her as well as me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Whoa! That's a hard one. When you find an answer will you let me know??
    CuriousSarahM

Answer by CuriousSarahM at 12:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Lol yeah I agree with the above comment... when you find the answer let me know cause I've got the same problem!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Girl I use to have te same probably until I just started doing what he use to do. If I wanted to up and go out with my friends, I just say I be back in a couple of hours. He gets an attitude but who cares. Now he knows how I feel when he does that. You helped make them ppl so you gonna babysit every once in a blue when mommy needs a break.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Because that is the way he has you trained. I tried it once, I went to the hair dresser and was gone like for 4 hours. He called me at the hairdresser and asked me what I was doing. I said my hair! He said "really"... lol. Go figure. If he was playing golf then it would be okay.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• B/c, men can. They always have and always will. All they have to do by law is pay child support if your not with him. Life isnt fair and in my next life I wanna be a man!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• oh yeah i cant even begin on this one oh here can you watch the child you helped conceieved for ten minutes so i can run to the store..............
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• my ask me fist if he can go somewhere because i always tell him the we both have kid not just me so
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• ohhh!! we could talk about this all night!! right now my hubby is at a cabin passed out with his buddies and in the morning they will make him breakfast...he refuses to cook!....so then they will go off after that and fish and drink......I'm not allowed to have a voice, he gets sooo pissy if I have any feelings about his weekends!! afterall he worked, I JUST STAYED HOME ...right the house cleans itself and the oven bakes it's own meals and the washer runs itself..ohh and the kids have nannies,lmao!! right I wish!
    He feels i should have the kids and tend to the kids because it's MY JOB....his job is to make the money and after 40 hours he's ENTITLED to do as he pleases. I am really just a married single mom!!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well, I can't answer because I made sure not to marry a selfish asshole. But that's just me. For starters, my husband doesn't 'babysit'...he 'parents' and he will be the first to tell you that. If he's with our kids it's not because he's babysitting, it's because HE'S THEIR FATHER! Secondly, because he is so hands on with our kids, he knows what I go through on a day to day basis (I work part-time, he's full-time so I am with them more) and so he knows I need and deserve a break also. Giving me my break is his first order of duty when his off days roll around. Third: We make it a priority to do things as a couple and alone so we don't suffer from parent burn-out. This makes us a happier couple and happier parents. Is he perfect? No...but he's so much closer it seems than some of these other's that answered and I'm going to thank him, again, for being such a good husband and father.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 4:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Do it right back to him. My husband used to be the same way, get up and say "Oh by the way I'm going with..., okay?" So one day I said to him "what if I had plans and planned on you being home with Dylan?" His response of course was "what plans would you have?" So the next weekend I got up early got ready to leave, woke him up and said I was going out for the day and did. He now tries to run his plans by me before he is walking out the door even though I have almost never had any reason to tell him no.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2009