for tampon wearers

well when i had my period my mother would never let me wear tampons unless i was swimming and she would make me take it out after. the one time i got caught wearing one to school (she saw the wrapper in the trash can) i got yelled at, so i never wore tampons ever except for swimming, but i decided to start this cycle, i just have one question.... i cant wear it in overnight right? do i have to wake up every 4 hours to change it or should i wear a pad? what do you ladies wear to bed?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 12:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• I wear mine to bed..I cannot stand the morning gush that accompanies my period. I also hate that big ole bulky pad stuck between my legs when I am sleeping. I used to work for an OB/GYN and he also said the 8 hour rule applies with tampons.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I use the 8 hour rule. It works for me...I've never been sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• thanks :] i know TSS isnt common i was j/w how long i could leave it in :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well I wear my tampon to bed, BUT only because I wake up in the middle of the night and go to the restroom and to check on my kids ALL the time, SO I just change my tampon then. I would say if you wake up like I do, then wearing it to bed is fine. Howeve if you sleep straight though MORE then 8 hours I would say not to wear a tampon at night. AND if you are able to sleep more then 8 hours WOW lucky you!!!!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• On the back of a Tampax box, it says do not use for longer than 8 hours. I always put one in right before bed and take it out in 8 hours or when I get up.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I wear one to bed, I normally only sleep about 6-7 hours. I wonder why your mom was so anti-tampons.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:23 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i dont know either!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• why is your mother so against tampons?? when i did wear them, i rarely wore them at night becausei was afraid i would leave it in too long..since ive been preggo 3 times, its weird wearing them..its like before i ever tried one before and too akward for me.lol..now im not a fan of them
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My mom's anti-tampon too. She doesn't want to touch herself OR have anything "in" her "parts" (that's what she says...) I don't sleep very long anyway, but I don't wanna sleep in icky blood!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I am an older mom .and way past the menstrual stage. Menopause is my forte now. Having six daughters I would always tell them that in my opinion to keep a tampon in overnite does not seem to good. Maybe changing to a pad at night is the best thing. It would seem that if a tampon stays inside the body to long then so does the menstrual blood..JMO
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 4:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2009