Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i tell if my 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter have been molested?

Ok im freaking out. my husband and i are getting divorced and he is trying to get custody of our kids. my husband is horrible with my kids. if he gets custody my kids WILL be hurt. i was told to write everything that he has ever done to the kids.
well i was doing this and writing down all the injuries they have gotten while in his care and when i was reading them over i remembered that our oldest son said once that daddy touched his butthold. at the time i just thought he meant when his dad was changing his diaper and cleaning him. then i read over where i wrote that my daughter has had numerous yeast infections. now apart neither of these made me think anything bad, but when i was wring them down then reading them over i put 2 and 2 together and now im freaking out. can anyone tell me some signs there are i want to be as sure as i can so they dont think im making things up so that he doesnt get custody. im freaking out help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

Answers (8)
  • Take them to a doctor first and then take them to a professional to have them talk to them.


    Answer by butterfly_ky at 1:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • You can't make those accusations without proof. You need to have them see a Dr. and then if they suspect that, you will have to take them to the Police Station to be interviewed. Yes, they will ask them questions. However, you need to seriously consider this and that you are not trying to find things wrong just to get custody, because it could backfire if you do that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • wow thats old are you kids? do they talk well? sit them down and try to talk to them and let them feel like it ok to talk you wont get upset but they need to tell mommy if daddy plays "certin" games w/ them ....or ask them if daddy ever makes them had a funny feelings....... just question them but stay positive


    Answer by Armywife510 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • I would see a therapist with your children about your concerns. Maybe they can do some role playing with dolls or something. I would tell the therapist about your concerns and let them decided. This way, if it DOES go to court, you have a licenced therapist who has determined this and not you.

    Answer by KaceesMom at 1:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • ive never heard of someone getting a yeast infection from sex or anything related to sex... do YOU honestlt think youre husband would do those things? just because he is mean does not mean hes molesting them. Calm down, and think about it rationally. Are you sure you not looking at one more reason for him not to get custody? Not trying to be mean.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • I guess you havent seen the Dr. Phil show. Where a women put this ideas in her childs head. I dont think she did it at first to be a jerk but ended horriable. if oyur a good mom a judge isnt gonna just take your kids and give them to your ex.... maybe shared custody. When did he start being so awful? DId u marry him like that?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • My 5 year old gets yest infections. Certian soaps irrate her... not wiping properly.. bubble baths. Have you ever considered any of these. My doc told me My 5 year old can use summers eve soap that its safe b/c, we all have the same membranes being female. Thats what I bought her.. and she no longer gets irrated down there. These are serious assumtions your making to your ex.... You better think twice. B/c, if its NOT true and backfires.... hes gonna get your kids anyway!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • You yourself should see a therapist! Talk to someone about whats going on.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.