Glasses?

Does your baby have glasses? my baby boy's eye doctor told me that my son is a little near sited in one of his eyes and can see it getting a little worse and most likely needing glasses before he's a year old. If so how'd your baby cope with it, and howd you cope with it? i think i care too much about what every one else is going to think, which is horrible! i know! i love him with every bit of my heart and am just worried of him being teased, kids and adults are sooo cruel, and he is such a happy baby. let me know how it went for you and your little one, thanks.

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well my little girl asia has been wearing glasses sinse about 2 yrs old !!! i have horrible eyes and she got my gene poor girl !!!! ne ways it was horrible at first i thought there is no possible way ........... her first pair of glasses she had for oh about 45 minutes broke second pair 2 days 3rd pair on and on she is almost 4 in april and i have went threw so many glasses it is pathetic but now she is really good with them i think she realized they actually help her see because every morning she puts them on by herself now ,well............ we lost a lens soooooooo we have to find that lol it sucks but her eyes are horrible already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You need to get it corrected. Sooner better then later. You don't want it to get worse. Also they have so many different styles I wouldn't worry about teasing. Tons of kids wear glasses nowadays
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My youngest son has been wearing them since he was about 18 months. He's never been teased, especially by an adult! What kind of an adult would tease a kid in glasses?

And as for kids teasing him...that won't happen until he's in school, and if he isn't teased about glasses, he'll be teased about something else! All kids are teased and do tease. It just happens. you can't worry about it.

His vision is much more important than any excuse you could come up with.

It took a couple of days telling him "leave your glasses alone" to have him leave them. He now knows how to put them on himself, he knows to get them when he wakes up and take them off at bedtime. (he's just over 2)

If you have to get them under a year, they have the kind that bend around the ear....making it more difficult to get off. And most kids if their vision is such that the need them that early, will leave them alone because THEY CAN SEE!! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Get the glasses. I don't know of any adults teasing a little one wearing glasses. Which is better his health or a little teasing that may not even happen. I love my glasses.
    zred

Answer by zred at 8:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I've seen dozen's of babies with little glasses before...I think they're cute. Other people's opinions don't matter as much as your child having improved eyesight.

My nephew has to wear an eye patch because he's got a lazy eye and they want to increase the strength in it. And he's still super adorable.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Adults won't tease, and if by chance one does, then it is a very foolish adult indeed. You do what you need to for your child's health. My son got glasses at age three, he never gave us a problem about them since he liked being able to see. We did buy the glasses insurance that the optician offered since it replaced broken glasses- I don't remember the details. When my baby was two months we were told we had to put orthopedic shoes on him, they look as if he had his shoes on backwards. We had a few adults kindly tell us that his shoes were on backwards, not embarrassing at all, and they meant well. But there is nothing embarrassing about what you need to do so the child grows up healthy.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Hey there, my little guy is turning a year on the 18th and we just had our 3rd eye exam they say he may need glasses but want to do one more exam just befor he turns 1 and 1/2 to make sure glasses is the right way to go, at first they thought it may correct it self because he was a preemie, but now have decide he may have gottn my gene's (nearsighted) so anyways I would't worry about any teasing, I work at Sears Optical and see many kids every day getting glasses there are so many styles now that the kids love choosing which they like the best and they all look so cute. (also if your little one does need glases make sure you make the decision on what you like the best not the sales associate)
    Good Luck with everything
    And Don't Worry :)
    GaijesMom

Answer by GaijesMom at 10:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• thanks for you feedback, oh and of course i'm going to get him glasses if he needs them.
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009