What is Depression to you?

Some cry alot or stay in bed all day,I do neither.I have motivation problems and I get overwhelmed easily,do you?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 2:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• I'm like that too although I don't call that depression. I have been keeping a journal for 3 months and I get spurts of motivation around Ovulation. Weird. For me....it's totoally hormonal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It definitely doesn't sound like you have clinical depression. Symptoms of depression include loss of interest in activities that used to find pleasurable, dramatic change in eating habits (eating a lot less or a lot more), feelings of hopelessness, dramatic change in sleeping patterns (sleeping a lot more frequently or unable to sleep), irritability, and thoughts of suicide.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 2:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• when I am on a down cycle nothing feels real or right, everything is very extreme. I am the WORST mother EVER, nothing will EVER be right again. I HATE everyone and everything, no one loves me and never will, there is no reason to get out of bed. When I do get out of bed all I want is to go back to bed. I can barely function. I feel like I have missed out on everything life has to offer and I am not going to be able to do anything go or worth while ever again. I cry all the time, I am always hungry but nothing looks like food.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Lack of interest in normal things. Crying alot..no wanting to stay in contact with others. etc. It can be a very debilitating feeling.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 4:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have lack of interest in pleasurable things,irritability and anger issues.Someone said Depression is anger turned inwards.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I stay in bed
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I dont get depressed, I get pissed.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009