Question about c-sections

I am 37 weeks pregnant and 1 cm dialated. Was wondering if they could go ahead and do a c-section now? The baby is healthy and 5 lbs 11 ounces. I have a appointment monday but they dont seem to want to give me any answers. There just telling me different things. Is there anyone in here that went or going through the same thing. Please help..

billsgurl

Asked by billsgurl at 2:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wait. ...Why do you need a c-section? i dont think i understand what the medical neccesity is.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• its a scheduled c-section but they havent schedule it yet. I was just wondering when the earliest they could do it since im already 1 cm dialated. The reason i wanted one is because i have gential herpes and dont want to deliver vaginial. sorry i didnt put it in its alittle embarrassing. ya know.
    billsgurl

Answer by billsgurl at 3:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I understand. I believe that after 37 weeks most docotrs will give you a c-section. ...but here's an article that you might be intersted in.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122999215427128537.html?mod=article-outset-box

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Thank you very much outstandinglove. You have been very helpful. But do you think they will do it monday or will it be up too me?
    billsgurl

Answer by billsgurl at 3:18 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i have no idea!
    If they try to do it monday you can reschedule. I'm sure that you are "tired" of being pregnant. ...but if you can try to stretch out your pregnancy as long as you can it will be greatly beneficial to your baby. Chances are they are just going to check on you and then schedule the c-section for later that week or early the following week. You arnt allowed to eat or drink before a major sergery. and that is exactly what a c-section is. So chances are you wont be getting the c-section on monday.
    Good luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• also, ive been having contraction. so would it depend on whether i progressed or not? I know your probably getting annoyed but they are not telling me anything. The baby is breech too. The midwife told me that the head was down and they did an ultrasound right after she told me that and it was the butt of the baby not the head.
    billsgurl

Answer by billsgurl at 3:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• if you are going into labor, or if they suspect that you will go into labor soon, yes. they will probably do the c-section. They will try to avoid you going into full blown labor.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• and no, i'm not getting annoyed. lol. it's good that you have these questions.
    outstandingLove

• i thank you for answering my questions. I couldnt find any information or anything online. but they will not do it monday because i cant eat or drink anything before the surgery. Right? And if im dialated more it will be sometime this week. That way i have no chance in going into labor.? Your such a big help. Helping me understand what i need to know. I thank you alot.
    billsgurl

Answer by billsgurl at 3:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well, if they feel like they HAVE to do an emergancy c-setion they will do it whether or not you've eaten or drank in the past few hours. But sense it doesnt sound like it will be an emergancy (unless you go into full labor) they will probably schedule it for later in the week but before you go into labor.
    your welcome.
    Also, i only know all of these things because of learning about natural child birth.
    Good luck to you! i wish you and your baby the best!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2009