Will the Wii Fit really help me lose weight?

Is is fun? Will I be motivated? Does it work?

Asked by elwalters77 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• My brother bought one a couple weeks ago (hes the manager of the rental store so he gets a discount and gets rainchecks and other stuff like that) anyhoo when hes at work I sneak in and use it lol. It really is fun. I love it! There are a couple different sections- yoga, strength training, aerobics and one other thing I cant remember. Strength training has a bunch of muscle building workouts. It shows you how to position yourself to do it right so you dont hurt yourself. Aerobics has things like hula hooping, soccer, skiing and etc. It may look silly as heck but my 7 month old daughter cant stop laughing when I play ( I dont know if thats a good thing or not lol) but I loose weight and shes entertained.

Answer by laurieatx19 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I heard this game is really fun, but I don't have one so I don't personally know

Answer by acolson3 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• First you have to do what you feel is right. I personally dont think so. My son was 15 and I didnt get him one. Left him use mine when we were at home, plus was able to control phone calls that way.

Answer by jlbtnc at 2:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• if you use it it should get you moving and motivated - like any workout it takes time

Answer by vakatia at 2:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My opinion is that just like other active-motion video games, such as Dance Dance Revolution, it can definitely work for you if you can add it into a good diet and exercise regimen. Will just playing the Wii Fit make you lose weight? No. But if you include it with other exercises, even something as simple as walking, and a good eating regimen then there is no reason it couldn't help things out in a FUN way. Remember, your fitness/weight is 80% diet, 10% exercise, and 10% genetics. Without eating the *right* way the rest is basically futile. If you ever need any tips, feel free to contact me. As I say in my profile - nutrition is my passion :). Good luck!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i've heard nothing but good things from people. the games are fun, weight has been lost with out realizing it, and it's not like a regular pain in the booty like a workout video! i want one - and i will be getting one!! LMAO! i just have to find the darn thing!! UGH!

Answer by dannersmell at 1:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2008