Have you ever heard of Preeclampsia after pregnancy?????

Okay, my baby is now two months old. Seven days after I had her I had a very bad headache and discovered that my blood pressure was 170/102. My blood pressure has never been high in the past and was normal for every doctors visit during my pregnancy. I saw a doctor two days later and she prescribed blood pressure pills. She couldn't figure out what was happening. She told me to take the pills and continue to monitor my blood pressure. I saw a different doctor on Thursday and she said it sounds like I have preeclampsia. I didn't know that it was possible to get preeclampsia after delivery. I am hoping that this is something that will go away. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, did it go away??

actress

Asked by actress at 4:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• Preeclampsia can occur after the baby is born. http://www.preeclampsia.org/FAQ.asp#ten

I had HELLP syndrome during my pregnancy and it went away shortly after delivery, so, yes, it does go away.

I hope you feel better soon.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 4:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009