Would your husband?

If you were totally miserable where you lived but your husband really liked it there, and the prior 3 years he spent in a place where he wasn't happy and you were...would your husband:

a) Do what would make you happy
b) Stay put and tell you to suck it up b/c he did it for you, he should only expect the same from you
c) Say "Maybe" then avoid the topic altogether

jennmdlc

Asked by jennmdlc at 4:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband would do what he needed to make me happy. I would need to be very careful to not let him make himself unhappy while he tried to make me happy, so in the end if we couldn't compromise, it would take some thought about what to do. I would do what was needed to make him happy, since I wouldn't like if he were unhappy.

Answer by Bmat at 8:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Honestly? My hubby would tell me I was SOL. But I also wouldn't fight him on it, if he dealt with it for three years, I would do the same for him. But I wouldn't live there forever. I was say hunny, this isn't my cup of tea, so I'll deal for a few years, but then we need to find a place where we can both be happy.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I would first examine myself on why I wasn't happy & look at the over all picture of it all. Do you have children involved or is it just the 2 of you? Do you rent or own? Was the move job related?
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• This is the problem we have basically. I hate where we live. But we stay because we can't afford to move. He offers to just pack everything up and move to whereever I want but we can't afford it so I just suffer.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2009