emailing bad?

my boyfriend has been out at sea for work and has 4 weeks to go.
well i needed to tell him i was pregnant. and i couldnt wait that long, so i sent him an email telling him i was pregnant. and he is mad. did i mess up by emailing it to him.. i mean...do you think that was a very bad way to do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• haha what a baby. Did he expect roses and a nice bottle of wine? Come on, you're bringing a beautiful baby in to the world, what does it matter how you told him? I don't think it was wrong at all. Obviously you would have told him in person if he were with you, but since he's not emailing was the next best thing.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If you HAD to tell him for a real reason, then that's the only way to communicate (as I well know) but if you just couldn't bare to wait, then you probably should have surprised him when he got home. He'll get over it though. Congrats!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• He should be excited no matter how you told him, although if you could have waited Im sure it would have been cute to surprise him some other way but its ok hun...like ^^^ said he'll get over it.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Learning about major life events by email would make me mad too. In person is best, and yes, you could have waited. If it's this new in the pregnancy, barring any complications, you'll still be pregnant in four weeks.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You can't change it now, so I say don't stress about it. If it wasn't something neither of you was expecting he is probably just freaked out. Good luck and congrats.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 7:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I would've waited. Its usually best to save news like that for face-to-face conversations....or at least over the phone.

But...what's done is done, and he needs to get over it, and you two need to move on. You've got a baby on the way, and much bigger fish to fry than how you chose to tell him.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:22 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Phone would have been better. I can understand why you couldn't wait- being so excited. I don't understand why he'd be so upset about hearing about it by way of email though. I'm surprised that a man would want the romance of finding out in person, something seems odd about this. Anyway, as the others have said, he'll get over it. It is a minor thing, which may seem major to him since he's been away.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't have been able to wait either...and I think he is being really fickle about it and making it about him by complaining about how he found out. He needs to get over it...quickly.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i would had waited to either say it on the phone on in person email would had made me mad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• if you smoke during pregnancy then the child can have asthma,dyslexia and some other conditions I think and it can also cause premature birth but if your going to tell your sister in law this check its true first,this is just what I can remember from helping my sister with her child studies homework
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2009