What kind of dog is that!?

We don't watch much TV so I only saw the commercial one time, but it's for a vacuum cleaner or some sort of carpet machine. The beginning shows a cute little terrier like puppy dog, then later it shows the dog grown up and still cute as a button. Has anyone seen that commercial and know what kind of dog it is? I WANT ONE!!! lol

(Or if you don't know the dog breed, what brand of carpet machine is it? Maybe I can then try an online search.) THANKS!

toomanypoodles

Asked by toomanypoodles at 7:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• i know the commercial your talking about and i'm pretty sure it is a russel terrier
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have not seen the commercial but since the above poster said it is a Jack Russell Terrier I just want to caution you to do your research on the breed before you even think about getting one just because it is cute. I am not suggesting that you don't plan do do a lot of research, but I just want to put it out there because SO many people have gotten breeds (like Jack Russells and Dalmations, and Boxers) because they saw one on TV or a commercial and think they are SOOOOO cute, but have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Jack Russell Terriers are NOT for everyone. They are cute, yes, but they require a TON of exercise and stimulation and training and are not good for families with small children. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• it's a jack russel terrier, they tear up EVERYTHING and can be kinda bad for small kids b/c they have alot of energy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have a jack russell mix. She is a good dog and great with my 9 month old dd. And I am pretty sure its a jack russell in that commercial. My dog does good in the house and she doesn't require a lot of exercise or training. She is really smart. She knows all her toys by name and we play great in the house. We just don't have to go outside except to go potty. Just thought I would share, but thats just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I did do a search for the Jack Russell, but I thought the dog in the ad looked a little fluffier and too small to be a jack. Jacks are adorable, but I did read the cautions about them. I also thought it might be a border terrier. We are experienced dog owners--I have 3 toy poodles, a lab and a chihuahua at the present, but not so sure I'd have the "patience" for a jack.
    THANKS you guys! Looks like the consences says it's a jack terrier!
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 7:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2009