What are your thoughts on an exersaucer?

Just want some opinions. thank you

skeeter1970

Asked by skeeter1970 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY DD LOVED HERS. I THINK THEY WERE DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:23 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Both my boys loved it! What are your concerns?
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I had walkers for my 2 older boys and they loved it, they both were setting up and crawling by this time, he is 7 mths and not doing either yet, but I think he will do fine he was a preemie, I just dont want to hold him back. If I get one I would only use it for short periods. I just wanted to see others thoughts on them. this makes since I hope.
    Thanks
    skeeter1970

Answer by skeeter1970 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My kids both love the thing. I have the very simple, very cheap one that is just a tray around the outside. We had the other kind with all of the toys attached but they get sick of the same old toys. The simple one is good for changing up the toys, and if you have a sensitive baby like my first, it can keep them from being overwhelmed. Also alot easier to clean off the spit up or teething biscuits that make a mess. The maker is Evenflo, its yellow and blue. It is a hand me down from my aunt so it is from 1993, but still works great. Hope that helps.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My oldest was an early walker and the youngest is starting to crawl at 5 mo so I don't think that the saucer is really holding them back in anyway. My kids have short attention spans anyway. And its not a walker, just a saucer. Our house is waaaaay to small for mobile babies...;)
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My first didn't have one and walked pretty early. Also it didn't seem necessary since she played quite happily on the floor or on her playmat (the kind with the hanging toys). With my second she likes it pretty well at 6 months but frankly I think she does just as well on the floor. I know for some moms it buys them a lot of time which can be key with a second child... my daughter just doesn't like it for more than 5 minutes at once. We borrowed it and I'm glad I didn't buy one... I could take or leave it... and I hear they're expensive.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• WE found one in excellent condition on craigslist for $10 and love it! My dd loves being in it, and she is so fun to play with while she's in it. I would suggest buying used first in case your child doesn't like it then you wouldn't have spent so much money.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• That thing was my saving grace until my daughter got too tall for it at 8 months. I highly recommend it.
    lilianasmom4508

Answer by lilianasmom4508 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have three kids and they all loved their exersauces.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't buy a new one for something the child will only use for a few months. I borrowed mine from a family friend, enjoyed it for 5-6 months, and now the big bulky thing is gone lol DD liked hers :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2009