My dd is sick AGAIN....give me your best guess. Whadya think.

2 Sundays ago I took her to the Dr thinking she had a UTI. She did not, but she did have a vaginal adhesion that can cause a UTI.

So last Sunday, I took her back thinking she did have a UTI. And she did this time, so they put her on antibiotic.

Now she is running a high fever again. Up to 103.9. NO OTHER SYMPTOMS! Nothing.

I am taking her when the office opens in a couple of hours.

But do you think its still a UTI or what? I am baffled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If she had a UTI for awhile before it was accurately diagnosed, it could have progressed to a bladder infection.

Don't give her anything for the fever, because the doctor will want an accurate temp when you bring her in. Tell him/her what's been going on, and that she's been on antibiotics and what antibiotics she's on.

She may need a stronger antibiotic.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 10:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Fever is a sign of fighting off infection, if the fever is too high, don't wait to treat it before she goes to the doc, tell them what you did to treat it and how high it was. Your word should be good on it. Make them really check her over good since it will be your third visit. She probably needs a stronger antibiotic. Those things can get pretty nasty before they get better.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree don't wait to treat a fever. Fever in kids can get so high so fast and before you know it their bodies can go in distress over a fever.

Also it is possible that she still has the UTI and possibly a kidney infection. Or she could have gotten another bug. This time a year is horrible for bugs. Especially since she has been to the doctors a couple of times and they are breeding grounds for ickiness.

I hope your little one feels better.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 3:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• She obviously has some sort of infection hence the fever.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 1:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009