I have a 2 week old......

ok im not sure were this question belongs so im going to ask it here, my hubby and i just had a baby, she will be 2 weeks tomarrow. I know the doc told me that im suppose to wait for 6 weeks before having sex but im finding it really hard to wait. What is the problem with having sex before 6 weeks....what could happen?

cobysmom151

Asked by cobysmom151 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• You're not fully healed, so a few different things could happen. You could injure your cervix and/or uterus, not to mention if you've got stiches or tore during your delivery, you could do damage.

And don't even get me started on the stories I've heard of women who didn't wait and wound up pregnant.....

Don't you think if your doctor recommended you wait, there's a pretty good reason?

If you have sex before you get the 'green light' and something DOES happen, you're gonna wish you HAD just waited.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You are still healing down there and you could damage tender areas. Especially if you tore or had stitches.

I would find different ways to be sexual. Try oral or toys for a few more weeks. You wouldnt want to really hurt yourself. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• NOT internal toys, by the way....lol that would be about the same thing.....lol ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• They're right, but no one mentioned infection. Sex alone even while you're not healing can cause infection (yeast and bacterial) so when it's not healed it's even greater risk. I have to ask.. is this your first baby? I'm not trying to scare you, but not all women, not all deliveries are the same, but I do remember the first time I had sex after having and epiosiotomy and I'd waited the 6 weeks plus some and it was very painful, so please, wait, read the reasons why you should wait. You can still have orgasms without penetration for both of you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• no this isnt my first baby its my second and i know with my first i didnt want to be touched by my baby daddy for the rest of the time we were together, which was 2 years....i think it was mostly because of him that i didnt want to have sex....so its really weird that i actually have a sex drive and am not too tired to have sex.
    cobysmom151

Answer by cobysmom151 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• They don't want you to stick tampons up in there, let alone your man's winkie because you're not healed. I wouldn't go against the doc's advice.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 10:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• What these women are telling you is right, but if you post another question asking who didn't wait the full 6 weeks and did they have any complications because they didn't, I'm sure a lot of women will say they did not wait and there were no complications. :P
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009