How soon after you give birth is it possible for you to get pregnant ?

So, I had my son 3 weeks ago and last night my DH and I had sex. Well, the oh so wonderful DH that he is.. he decided to go INSIDE ME! Now I'm so worried I might be pregnant, again! I'm not ready for two kids. Especially since my first is only 3 weeks old.

How soon after you give birth is it possible for you to get pregnant again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Fairly soon.

I personally know women who have gone to have their 6 week check up and find out they were pregnant.

If you don't want to get pregnant, then you shouldn't play around and should really be using some type of proctection.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 10:08 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• As soon as you ovulate.....some do it right away, some take awhile, like me. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I'm sure your fine. Just don't do it again.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• As soon as you start ovulateing again... You can get pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You are a fertile myrtle after you have a baby. My SIL got pregnant right after having her first baby. It can happen at anytime.. It wouldn't surprise me if you did get pregnant this soon... it has happened in before, I would just start taking better precautions and using protection... best of luck!

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Chances are you haven't started ovulating yet, especially if you breast feed. The majority or women don't even ovulate with their first period after birth. I would imagine that it would be pretty tough to get pregnant after just 3 weeks, 6 weeks possibly, but 3 weeks not so much. Mother nature intended at least some time between children.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It really isn't that common to get pregnant three weeks after birth. You are hearing a few stories out of thousands on the internet. If you are still bleeding from delivery the odds are pretty slim. Just be more careful next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• it is possible. it happened to me, by 2 oldest kids are 9 1/2 months apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Like I said!!!
    These are a few stories out of thousands of different people, it's not as common as you think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• AS SOON AS YOU HAVE SEX THE FIRST TIME IT'S POSSIBLE TO GET PREGNANT...
    bratmom3

Answer by bratmom3 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I dont think you will get any relevent answeres here everyones different. i would just make sure to bring it up to your doc at your 6 week apt
    AmY403

Answer by AmY403 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2009