Digital Camera - What would you recommend?

We are looking to buy a new digital camera. Anyone have any good suggestions on brands? How many mega-pixels, etc? I was thinking we could get a good deal at Sam's or Costco.

K.C.0305

Asked by K.C.0305 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Shopping

• I love my Canon Powershot.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I would just tell you to shop around to see all the prices at different store...Of corse the highest mega-pixels, the better the picture will be.
    I have a panasonic-3.2 mega-pixels...The pictures come out good.

Answer by louise2 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• We have a Canon Power Shot A530. We're very happy with it. Have had it a few years. Travels easily, not too big, not too small. Takes nice photos, but still "amatuer", haha. Took our first video with it a couple weeks ago and were very pleased with that (check out YouTube.....dogman1013).
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• fuji film, 7 to 10 pixles is the best
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• nikon d40... it rocks my world
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Canon D50. It's AMAZING!!!! 15 megapixels and it KICKS ASS!!! With a telephoto lens it's even better. They have a package deal for the camera the basic lens, a tripod, a bag for all the equipment and a telephoto lens for just under $2,000.00, great price...PHENOMINAL camera.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Nikon Coolpix, or any Nikon camera for that matter...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I loved my Nikon coolpix, til I lost it lol! It takes great, CLEAR pics, has a fast shutter speed, and quite a few different settings.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It really depends on what you want to spend and what you need it for. We have a Nikon D90 and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5. Both are considered high end for what they are, which is a SDLR and a digital point and shoot. We have also recently had a Nikon D80. Personally, I cannot tell the difference between either of the three when looking at pics, except that the Nikon can take very good close ups. But for what we paid, the pictures better take themselves. But the Nikon is really my husband's camera and the Lumix is mine. I needed something that would take good shots, had a great optical zoom, and could fit in a small wallet because I sneak my camera in shows to meet the actors. My Lumix is 9MP and has a 10X zoom. I think it is awesome but I still need to learn the controls. From what I have heard, you do not want a 7MP because they have too much "noise", which distorts the pictures. Check Amazon.com for ratings before you buy.
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 2:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I mean the D90 is a DSLR, not SDLR. Costco can have really good sales because they throw in extra equipment, but I shop around a lot. I can usually get a better deal by signing up for a site like Mypoints.com, shopping through their portal to earn points for a free gift card, then using shopping codes to get free things. I bought my husband the D90 this Christmas. Costco had it for the lowest price, but by the time I added the second lens, free shipping, points for a gift card, and then Wolf was offering an HD photo printer free after rebate with the Nikon purchase, I was several hundred dollars ahead by "paying more" for the body at Wolf's.
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 3:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009