Ever feel like you have to be a bitch in order to be left alone?

For me it works. I feel like when I am nice about everyone being in my business, I just get tramped on more. People don't just give me their opinions, they tell me what to do. When I "should" have more kids, what birth control I "need" to be on...
If I want to use condoms til I want to get fixed, then I will. I trust the doctors when they say I am having too much trouble. If I want to wait til he's 10 to have #2, that's up to us. It came to the point where I practically had to scream at everyone, telling them it's called Free Will and I DO have it. It's not like I am screwing up my life at all. I'm content and on track.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, yes sometimes I think you do have to be a bit of a bitch. Like My MIL always says "people will take your kindness for weakness", and I've found that often to be very true. Because, I've tried being nice, I've tried ignoring, I've tried being assertive but, the only thing that seems to get through to some people is when I'm being a straight up bitch. Don't feel bad, your right it's YOUR life. People should mind thier own business!devil

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I feel like yeh sometimes you have to be a bitch for someone to realize shit -
    Im very outspoken & if im feeling some type of way or feel like someone is trying to tell me whats best for me - I speak up.
    I mean i can express myself without being a bitch but i DEF think sometimes you just have to be a bitch to get your point across cause some people just dont get the hint when your nice about it -

/3
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I don't really think you have to be a b*t*c* to get the point across. When people would tell me "you need to have another baby" I smiled and said "I'd love to have another one, and you want me to, so... you carry it for me and I'll take over once it's born, okay???? Shuts them up and I did it with a smile on my face. When someone says "you really should/shouldn't take that medicine I say "I not only listen to my doctor but I listen to my body and everyone's body's different, so if that works for you then great, and if it didn't, I'm sorry but it obviously works for some or it wouldn't be on the market but thanks for your opinion." But there are some people that it takes some creative thinking to get thru to, that's usually the ones I've learned to just calmly walk away from or politely get off the phone, anything to end the conversation in a nice way. But who hasn't lost it and was the Queen B once in a while.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Please don't take this the wrong way(like I'm being a bitch!lol), Sometimes we let people know too much personal info about ourselves which leads them to believe they can give advice. Keep your finances, family planning and bc on the down low. If you are already doing that simply tell them, "that's personal" or "that's our business" or just change the subject for those ones that just don't stop.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Amen sister.BITCHES UNITE!!!!(just kidding)
    sometimes you have to go to extremes to get someones attention.I like you.Just because you stand up for yourself, doesn't make you a bad person.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• sometimes you have to be a bicth, to get your ways and yes when your nice to people they run over you, i know i used to be the nicest people you what and one day i decide no more know i'm a blame bicth bigest bicth around some people cant stand to be around me anyone but i care for what reason I don't
    Anonymous