Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you move on from a long term friend that uses

She is part of the family divorsed from my husbands cousen. She ask for money and dont pay it back. Ive had yet my family hangs with her kids so how do I move on without getting upset all the time about her.

Answer Question

Asked by jeskay at 11:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • If she has children with you're hubbys cousiin or whatever lol i would try talking to her and telling her look i have children myself i cant be loaning you money and you not paying it back and see if yall cant find some kind of common ground to keep a relationship on....If you just don't want anything to do with her i would just explain to her way and tell her to quit caling...try taking breaths and keep telling your self not to get stressed out over sometimes is a tough thing to deal with i have a couple of ppl like that in my family about money...but we just keep telling them we dont have any and eventually the asking stopped.

    Answer by BBKMommy at 11:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • I went back and re read your not sure what you mean ur children hang with her children? and you are wanting to have nothing to do with her? maybe i could help out a lil more if i understodd that if you don't mind answering ...thanks

    Answer by BBKMommy at 11:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • First of all quit letting her get you all stressed out.. By doing this she is winning. Don't loan her anymore money, IF she needs money for the kids do what you can for the kids don't just give her money. IF you have come to the point that you just can't be around her, just tell her. Tell her why.. I'm a straight up person. I believe that IF you have a problem w/ someone you have to deal w/ that problem cuz it just ain't gonna go away.. Maybe you haven't gone to that point yet and you can talk to her where at least you guys can be social just for your children's sake. Good luck!!

    Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • You can still be her friend without loaning her money.If she asks for money, just tell her you can't.If she chooses to not be your friend after that.And is she tells her kids to stay away from yours, you can see the person she really is.And I would not want my kids hanging out around her anyway after that.

    Answer by evelynwest at 12:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

  • I wouldn't cut her out, just stop enabling her. If she says she needs money for milk or something for the kids, don't give her money. Get her milk or whatever she needs. I know its a hard situation. I have a cousin like that.

    Answer by drowninginboys at 1:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.