Should I be worried...what do you ladies think?

On Feb. 20, 2009 I went in for a papsmear exam . Now Friday I recieved a letter saying I should make an appointment as soon as possible.

I usually try not to jump the gun because I know it will be alright.
My age is 45.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• Usually when they think something is seriously wrong, they will call.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 12:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• So you are saying something could be wrong weather they call or write a letter. :(

Please be honest I don't know what to think.
    Anonymous

• Your test results could have come back questionable--meaning it didn't get processed correctly or they want to check something further. I had a pap smear come back with a problem once. They redid it and check me over thoroughly and I was absolutely fine. Keep a positive outlook and all will go well!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have had several bad paps. IF I was YOU, I would call the dr and ask them. IF you could talk to the dr or the nurse b4 you have your next pap maybe that would give you some relief.. But the pp is right. IF it was something really wrong BAD, they would call you.. I have gotten them letters in the mail also. I know what you are going through. Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• ya,,the worst is that the pap was abnormal......but, paps can be if you for instance had intercourse , douched .....or even if you had an infection,,,,,,,pls dont worry.......let me know
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Don't worry until after the follow up. In addition, if you do them every year, then if there were something wrong, they probably caught it early enough for it to be a fairly easy fix.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I'm sure its just routine but good luck anyway and if you need to talk to someone feel free to pm me
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Alot of paps come back with abnormal cell growth, and the majority of the time everything is fine. They will redo the pap and it usually is ok. Don't worry.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009