Please... answer this?

I know this is a very dumb question but....Are there any ladies out there that have gone through some kind of abnormality in there vagina, cervix any where in that area.

Or has anyone had some kind of cancer?

Does it feel like anything or can you have this cancer and live your life like it is not there even though it is still doing it's damage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• I had moderate displasia (sp?). Had to get a LEEP and a biopsy, but everything was fine. I had no idea anything was going on in there. I know a few people who have had cancer cells frozen off and they didn't know there was anything wrong. A pap should show any abnormality.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I am not quite sure what your symptoms are, but my experience is that cancer cells from Cancer of the Cervix is usually found during a pap. I am not sure there would be anything to see. I, myself, have a lump on my cervix and will be having a pap done next month. I am told it's probably a cyst or scar tissue. Your last paragraph is precisely why alot of cancer is caught during the end stages. Some people never realize they have it until it's too late. So, yes, you can not realize it's there until it's too late. It happens. Unless you have a complete blood workup, there isn't really anything to lead to "you might have cancer" unless you are experiencing some type of pain that could be associated to it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I was going to my local co health for my bc pills. Well, it just seemed all of the sudden that I was in stage 4 of cancer cells. I NEVER knew anything was wrong! I had a biopsy, LEEP procedure, radiation, and have the cells frozen.. Finally I have had to have paps every 3months then every 6months now I'm up to every year. Seems that the County wasn't looking at my paps.. That is just me talking, otherwise how would it gotten so far without anyone knowing?.. Needless to say that I don't go to the County anymore. I go to my own dr. This all happened 3yrs ago. Everything has been clear ever since.
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 1:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009