what if

We just stopped voting for all the politicians,they don't seem like they care about what we say? What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Somebody, somewhere would appoint people to the political posts. And that appointment may be worse than what we would vote for.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• the world if full of "what ifs" youll make your self sick trying to think of them all dotn worry about it
    Anonymous

• The only time they care is when we get fed up enough to elect someone else. So if we don't vote, they will be there for life.

How about instead, we research candidates, we hold them accountable to the hollow promises they make (like every bill will be open for public review for 5 days before being signed into law), we throw them out of office if they don't keep 80% or more of their promises.

Another good step would be to ban a voice vote. Roll call votes ONLY. I want a public record of who voted for what - not just which group the leader of the House or Senate decided yelled loudest.

If we don't hold them accountable, if we keep believing the fairy tale "I'll wave my magic wand and all will be better" promises, if we keep accepting the "it's all the other guys fault" simplistic answers - then we get what we deserve.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I like kaycee14's plan.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Quite honestly, we need a revolution. We need the American people, NOT the media, but the grass roots american people, to stand up and say NO MORE!. Right now, we are all sitting back and complaining about this BS. Well thats not going to stop anything. We need to stand up and say something, make our voices heard. There are ways to do it, and the longer we wait the worse its going to get.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It would help if we dumped all the politicians we have in there, and start over.. making money not an issue anymore.. those that truly care about the people, can't get anywhere because they aren't corrupt enough to get funding, that they later have to pay back after elections.. in favors.

Get a real American in there (someone with a military record, a good education, etc), and get rid of the corrupt politicians... those that are lawyers.. and we would see a better America
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Have any of you seen the movie V for Vendetta? Americans need to stand up and say enough is enough!
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Maybe I will rent it Alexsmom04.....we really do need to come up with a better system....
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• We've become more like the people in Wall-E...just sitting around complacent and in a daze, believing whatever the media feeds us. We all need to be more aware...look at both sides and PAY attention.
    Anonymous

• I watch C-Span alot because you go inside the chambers and hear the actual bills and bs being slung. It is amazing the way some of our reps actually have very good amendments and ways to stop all the waste and the bill will get shot down. Usually because another rep can't benefit from it. Such as the bill to freeze the pay of senators. Written by a republican and shot down by democrats. At a time when we are all having to sacrifice, so should they. They are getting a $4700.00 increase this year. NONE of them are worth that kind of raise. I know that the elections that come up in the future I will be voting for as many independents as I can. They have no party affiliation and are more likely to work for us and not themselves or pork.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009